Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Getting My Groove Back

I decided a month ago that I would get my groove back by working out on a consistent basis and taking better care of myself.  You see as men get older, they tend to get lazy.  It hurts to admit it, but it's true.  Your testosterone decreases, your metabolism slows down, and you just don't have energy.  I woke up one day and looked in the mirror and was disgusted in what I saw and said to myself, "NO MORE!"


Right now I'm hovering between 212lbs and 217lbs down from 222lbs a month ago.  It seems that when I eat I instantly gain 5 pounds.  So I've been making sure to weigh myself 1st thing in the morning before I eat breakfast.  My goal is to get down to 175lbs or at least a size 32 waist size size I realize that muscle is heavier than fat.

I want to look and feel sexy again.  I remember how it felt when I was younger and more fit and I would walk by a group of women and I could sense them staring.  I'm not trying to pick women up, but I would like to feel desired.  This leads me to the final thing, self-conciousness.  I have so many clothes in my closest that I refuse to wear because I don't like the way my belly pokes out or how tight the pants are around my legs.  I think that IF I can get a handle on this now, I can avert a midlife crisis.

1 comment:

  1. Handsome I will always find you attractive. You have been and always be the rock of this family. I love you daddy.

    ReplyDelete